In our fast-paced, constantly-connected world, it's more important than ever to find ways to relax and de-stress. Enter breathwork. Breathwork is a type of mindfulness practice that uses specific controlled breathing techniques to improve mental and physical well-being. Whether you’re a breathwork expert or new to the community, becoming a certified breathwork instructor can have many benefits to both your career and personal life. If you're interested in teaching breathwork to others, the first and easiest step is to get certified. Lucky for you, Breathwrk just launched a 100% digital course where you can earn your certification in as little as a few hours. No matter who you are or what your career path is, a breathwork certification can be a major asset to you.
Here are 10 types of people who should get their certification to teach breathwork right now:
1. Yoga Instructors: As a yoga instructor, you already have a deep understanding of the mind-body connection. Adding breathwork to your classes can help your students find even more balance and peace in their lives, as well as allow you to even expand your class offerings and attract new students, leveling up your income and client base. To explore more benefits of incorporating breathwork into yoga, take a look at this great article discussing the benefits of this integration: https://www.myyogateacher.com/articles/breathwork-and-yoga.
2. Therapists: For many of us, stressful events from our past can have a profound impact on our present-day mental health. As a therapist, adding breathwork to your repertoire can help your patients work through trauma and achieve greater peace of mind, all for free. You can feel great in helping your patients create healthy habits and find new outlets for stress relief and resolving deeper issues. This incredible article by Harper’s Bazaar discusses the benefits of incorporating breathwork into therapy: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/beauty/mind-body/a26007940/breathing-therapy-wellness. Adding breathwork into your practice and offerings can not only help you to help your clients in a more hands-on way, but can also allow you to book more appointments and set yourself apart from other therapists, driving more loyal clients to your office.
3. Health Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Physical Therapists, etc): If you work in the medical field, chances are you've seen firsthand the harmful effects of stress on the body. Help your patients reduce stress and improve their overall health with breathwork techniques. Whether you are a physical therapist, a nurse, or even an M.D., learning the ancient practices of breathwork can allow you to treat patients in a new and unique way, supplementary to your current practices. Interested in the scientific applications of breathwork? This case study from the National Library of Medicine discusses the profound impacts of breathwork in patient recovery: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6040853/. Breathwork is proven to be a strong aid in both mental and physical healing, so your patients will be sure to thank you.
4. Teachers (K-12, Collegiate, and beyond): Anyone who works with children knows that they can be a handful! Help your students focus and stay calm with breathwork exercises integrated into your lesson plans. Breathwork has been proven to be a positive factor in early childhood development, especially in regulating emotions and calming behavior. Here is a great article discussing why and how you can incorporate breathwork into your classroom: https://www.classcraft.com/blog/bring-meditation-classroom/. Add some Zen into your classroom by getting your breathwork certification and see just how big of a difference it can make!
5. Corporate Professionals/HR Managers: If you've ever been bogged down by workplace stress, you know how difficult it can be to stay productive. Luckily, breathwork can help! Teach your employees simple breathing exercises they can do at their desks to help them stay calm and focused throughout the workday. This certification is especially useful for anyone working in HR or accompanying departments like outreach and employee affairs. No matter the industry you work in, any corporate employee would benefit from breathwork classes in or out of the office. See the instant benefits such as added productivity and employee happiness when you implement deep breathing exercises into your workplace. An added bonus is that you can teach your employees breathwork exercises either in-person or remotely, so you’ll be able to make a positive impact on each and every employee, regardless of location. Want to learn more? This study from Walden University goes into detail on mindfulness training and its effect on company culture: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-programs/ms-in-human-resource-management/resource/mindfulness-training-should-your-hr-department-consider-it.
6. Coaches/Trainers: The healing elements of breathwork go hand in hand with physical strength and recovery. Sports teams are among the top groups of people who can benefit the most from controlled breathing exercises. Encourage your athletes to practice frequent breathwork in order to improve physical fitness and performance, repair and strengthen their mental health, and aid in the healing process of injuries and ailments. Blayze covers some incredible scientific benefits of breathwork on the lives and performance of athletes here: https://blayze.io/blog/general/the-science-of-breathing-for-athletes. Some of the world’s top athletes swear by breathwork as a way to excel both on and off the field. By gaining your breathwork teaching certification, you can bring these benefits to your team in no time.
7. Fitness Instructors: Aside from yoga and meditation, fitness instructors in other specialties could definitely benefit from gaining their breathwork teaching certification. Whether you are a pilates (check out this great article on the benefits of breathing in pilates: https://www.verywellfit.com/breathing-and-exercise-2704426), boxing, barre, or HIIT instructor, incorporating breathwork into your daily classes can have such a positive and profound effect on your students. Not only can this inclusion help them to reach their goals in class, but the breathwork-fitness connection can also aid in post-workout recovery and stress-relief. It’s a win-win for all of you.
8. Individuals who would like to become breathing instructors: If you know becoming a certified breathwork instructor and teaching breathwork classes to groups is the perfect path for you, we would love to help get you certified to do so. Breathwork classes are becoming more and more popular all over the world as controlled breathing techniques become more well-known on social media and in real life. No matter where you live, our Breathwrk certification will give you access to creating and teaching your very own breathwork classes in your city.
9. Instructors who would like to teach in our Breathwrk Studio: Already knowledgeable and passionate about breathwork but looking for a refresher or expanded course to provide your students with the best possible classes? You’d definitely be a fit for our Breathwrk certification! If you’re located near Los Angeles, we would love to get you certified and have you join our group of instructors at the Breathwrk Studio in downtown Venice Beach, CA. We are constantly looking for new instructors as we expand our class offerings and availability. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
10. ANYONE who is interested in learning about how breath impacts their life and how to integrate healthy breathing habits into their day-to-day activities: We don’t have any restrictions when it comes to our Breathwrk certifications. As long as you have a desire to learn and are passionate about the benefits of breathwork, you’d be a great candidate for our program! Get your breathwork certification to practice on your own and improve your daily life, or share with others to spread the impact. You’ll learn the building blocks of practicing strong and consistent breathing exercises and will be able to see the immense benefits of doing so!
How can I sign up for Breathwrk's certification?
These are just a few examples of the many different types of people who could benefit from getting certified in teaching breathwork practices. If you do not see yourself represented on this list, don’t worry! A breathwork certification can be valuable to anyone from any background- it really is that versatile. No matter your profession, if you're interested in helping others find more peace and balance in their lives, contact us today about our certification program and courses! Breathwrk offers various levels of certification so you can continue learning and expanding your breathwork knowledge and offerings to yourself and your community.
When it comes to finding ways to relax and de-stress, breathwork is one of the best options out there. If you're interested in teaching this mindfulness practice to others, the first step is getting certified. With our certification program, you'll be able to teach individuals or groups how to use specific breathing techniques to improve mental and physical well-being. Reach out to email@example.com with any questions and to sign up for our email newsletter, where you can receive information on our courses, offers, and new launches. Ready to take the plunge and complete your functional breathing course? Sign up here: https://www.breathwrk.com/certification. We look forward to getting you certified!